Bracket innovates at the leading-edge of clinical research data, one exceptional service at a time. From the advanced technology of our eCOA electronic Clinical Outcomes Assessments flexible platform, to the efficiency of our scalable and configurable Randomization and Trial Supply Management (RTSM) Clinical IRT solution, to our science-focused Rater Training and Quality Assurance programs, Bracket does it faster, better and with an eye on the future of our industry. To achieve this, we maintain an unwavering commitment to employing only the brightest, most talented colleagues gleaned from a wide variety of professional fields. If you are a creative problem-solver and have a hard-wired, instinctual commitment to exceptional customer service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Software Test Engineer II is responsible for working with the Technical Delivery staff to manage the testing process of all assigned projects. The Software Test Engineer II may draft all required SDLC and validation documents, and facilitate the review and approval of all documents. The Software Test Engineer II will be responsible for coordinating and managing the testing process including the creation of test scripts, supporting user acceptance testing and executing IQ and OQ test scripts. The Software Test Engineer II may assist with the development and documentation of testing processes and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute tests for all technology platforms.
- Lead testing efforts on assigned projects.
- Understands the functional business processes across the entire organization.
- Works closely with Technical Delivery staff to formulate the high level testing solution, and is responsible for ensuring that the testing strategy includes complete coverage of requirements and business process.
- Create and execute test cases, manage bugs and report testing status to project teams.
- Develop test tools and test solutions.
- Drafts all required SDLC and validation documents, if required.
- Facilitates the review and approval of all SDLC and validation documents, if required.
- Follows defined validation process and produces validated documents for all initiatives.
- Responsible for supporting User Acceptance Testing when appropriate.
- Reviews IQ, OQ and UAT testing results and ensures quality and adherence to SDLC processes.
- Responsible for tracking issues and resolutions throughout the testing process.
- Self-manage testing workload for testing multiple systems in various phases of development in order to meet deadlines.
- Document traceability between testing and system requirements documentation.
- Manage various aspects of in-house testing documentation.
- Participate in testing process improvement activities as needed.
- Some technical support after-hours on-call time may be required.
- Demonstrate total ownership, accountability, and commitment to the testing deliverables.
- Provide support to TD staff on other internal initiatives as assigned.
Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
- 5 years mix of manual and automated end-to-end testing of software products, including web applications testing.
- Testing and Validating Software and Configurations in Clinical Trial Studies
- Fluent in English
- Experience writing test scripts and creating test cases
Competencies & Personal Attributes
- Experience working with multiple software validation lifecycles and with accepted software testing methodologies. Must have a thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, and experience with the testing process throughout all SDLC phases.
- Must have excellent analytical skills with proven ability to comprehend business requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrate extreme attention to detail and organization in all aspects of work.
- Must have excellent written communication skills, including the ability to effectively document procedures, processes and results.
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment, providing back-up support to team members, and establishing / maintaining effective work relationships with co-workers within and across functional areas.
- Must have very strong skills with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be comfortable working with business users and technical teams.
- Familiarity with SQL Queries is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Visual Basic is a plus.
- Familiarity with GCP and 21 CFR Part 11 is a plus.
- Familiarity with defect tracking software is a plus.
- Familiarity with test automation, load/performance testing, and test case management software a plus.