The Associate Project Manager is responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of assigned projects. The Associate Project Manager will work with stakeholders within Technical Delivery / Product Innovation and, if applicable, Client Services to identify needs, prioritize, plan, track, manage and deliver projects within Technical Delivery. Working in conjunction with the TD / PI project team and Client Services the Associate Project Manager will develop and track detailed work plans for all assigned projects, prioritize tasks, identify and address scope changes, resource constraints, possible project delays, resolve delivery issues, track hours and provide status reporting for each assigned project and be responsible for delivering high-quality projects on time and within budget.
The Associate Project Manager will:
- Manage and coordinate development, test and release management tasks for delivered study projects or product releases.
- Draft required SDLC and validation documents and facilitate the review and approval of all documents.
- The Associate Project Manager may also fulfill the role of Business Systems Analyst as necessary.
- Work with stakeholders to discover and understand business and technical needs and translate them into system requirements if required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects, including staffing, project planning, proactive risk analysis and mitigation, status reporting and deliverables.
- Develop and maintain resourced project plans in order to ensure on time and within budget delivery of projects.
- Act as the primary lead for assigned business applications and deliverables.
- Facilitate project team meetings and escalations. Participate in Application Steering Committee meetings and User Focus Group meetings as applicable.
- Analyze business processes, implement best practices and seek new ways to work more efficiently.
- Ensure effective utilization of project resources to ensure improved quality and predictability.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Experience estimating, planning, tracking and managing technology projects that successfully meet timelines and budgets.
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects.
- Experience proactively identifying project risks, developing mitigation plans, presenting options and recommendations to management for approval, and implementing corrective action plans.
- Experience working with development, business, infrastructure and testing resources in a matrix environment.
Competencies & Personal Attributes
- Proven ability to analyze complex business problems and develop technical solutions that meet the business needs.
- Must have excellent analytical skills with proven ability to comprehend business requirements
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills
- Must have a thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Must have very strong skills with Microsoft Office applications to include the following: Word, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable working with business users and technical teams.